Open ideas and questions about how people and technology should be:
- Humans are innately playful
- Don't need to be so serious all the time
- Technology doesn't need to be boring
- Accessible - everyone can get "fun". It is inviting
- Subversive - playful on the outside, meaningful on the inside
- Connected to people
- Connected to nature
- Connected to purpose
- Connect vastness to the singular, and the singular to the vast - the forest to the tree, and the tree to the forest. Cyclical.
- Connect disparate systems/ideas - software/hardware/design/content/people
- Technology enables connection. It's the medium
- Human centered/focused
- Technology can be meaningful
- The root of where technology comes from
- People love stories. Fiction is powerful
Why "Forest in the Tree"?
A forest is made of trees, and trees make up a forest. "Forest in the Tree" captures the evolving, interrelated, and often inverted socio-technical relationship of people and technology.